Cable Car
At the weekend I took the chance to travel on the newly opened cable car that transports pedestrians between the Royal Dock in Woolwich to the O2,Greenwich. This was a amazing experierice, however,it is not for the faint-hearted! It was not the fact that during the ascent to the top most point you feel a lot of
bumps and hear some slightly scary noises which may make you fear for your life.But, more the queue to get a ticket and then a second queue to actually get into the car pod !However, once inside I have to say I really enjoyed every minute of the ride across the Thames. From my viewpoint I could see the Olympic buildings and all of the river traffic going along the Thames. I took the 360 tour which meant I didn't need to get off at the other end. I would definately recommend this as a form of transport- but just make sure you get an Oyster card to 'click in' and then you can beat the queue of tourists at the ticket gate.

No comments:
Post a Comment